We are located in Kershaw County, an All America City. We are in a friendly environment with a classroom setting that is geared towards personalized, one-on-one learning. The classroom space and clinical lab are combined to foster hands on learning and promote engagement from all students.
Each student will receive tools necessary to succeed using their individualized learning skills to grasp material. We provide separate registration times so classroom and lab simulation experiences are not interrupted. The maximum class size for Nurse Aide will be 12 students at a time and for Phlebotomy and EKG, there will be a maximum of 12 students.
Registration takes place Tuesday and Thursday from 4pm-6pm or by calling to arrange an appointment.
Applicants will receive a catalog initially. The enrollment agreement and an admission application must be completed on site with full payment or with one of the payment plans. Payments are due based on the type of payment plan chosen. Please bring a valid ID along with a Social Security Card. Citizenship/authorized alien/immigrant status documentation must be on hand during registration as well for verification.
Applicants must be:
- 17 years of age or older ( must be 18 years of age or older to take state exam for Nurse Aide)
- Must have High School Diploma or GED to take Phlebotomy and EKG
- Able to pass a SLED criminal background check (Felonies are considered if greater than 10 years old, but testing for the Nurse Aide exam is left up to the discretion of SC DHHS; admission into the program for misdemeanor/felony charges is left up to the discretion of the program director; a criminal record may prevent students employment in the field even after taking class and passing the state exam)
- Provide proof of SC Driver’s License
- Show results of a negative Two-Step TB skin test within the last 3 months, or a negative chest x-ray within the last year
- A written statement or physical from a physician is needed showing that there are no pre-existing condition (s) that would restrict and/or limit their ability to perform strenuous tasks (pregnancy, lifting, etc.) and/or showing ability to lift 75 pounds
Failure to provide documentation or comply with the registration process will compromise enrollment.
Professional Development and Training Services, LLC does not discriminate and students are admitted providing they meet the above requirements without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin or handicap.
Licensed by the South Carolina Commission on Higher Education,1122 Lady Street, Suite 300, Columbia, SC 29201, Telephone (803) 737-2260; www.che.sc.gov
Licensure indicates only that minimum standards have been met; it is not an endorsement or guarantee of quality. Licensure is not equivalent to or synonymous with accreditation by an accrediting agency recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Course Catalog & Student Application Procedure
Please download all forms for completion in order to register. Please read catalog before signing forms and if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to call us. Forms must be done in black ink and print legibly to avoid mistakes when processing. All information should be returned to the school during orientation days which are Tuesdays and Thursdays 4:00pm-6:00pm.
Download Course Catalog
***Enrollment in the program or completion of the program does not guarantee employment & the institution makes no claim or guarantee that credit earned will transfer to another institution.
Nurse Aide Program
Our nurse aide program consists of 100 hours including clinical rotation. This encompasses comprehensive training which includes basic nursing concepts training in a classroom learning theory, lab simulation activities performed in our clinical area and hands-on clinical training at a local nursing home.
Upon successful completion of the program, students will receive a certificate from the nurse aide program and will be eligible to take the South Carolina nurse aide exam.Learn About the Nurse Aide Program
Nurse Aide 101-Back to the Basics
This course is to help refresh skills and knowledge for those that meet the following criteria:
An 8 hour course -to be announced.
- People with a nurse aide certification that is expired/lapsed under 2 years
- Individuals that previously completed a nurse aide training course within 2 years
- Those that are currently certified with an active certification that just want a refresher
As the demand for phlebotomists and monitor technicians grow, PDTS will offer basic concepts of Phlebotomy and EKG. Phlebotomy concepts will range from human anatomy to phlebotomy clinical. Students will be taught how collection and preparation of the blood is done and the techniques to safely handle blood.
Students will also learn all the medical tools that are involved with phlebotomy. Students will learn lab safety procedures in an onsite clinical setting.Learn About the Phlebotomy/EKG Program